- Kincardine Scottish Festival . Pipe band and drumming competitions are highlights of this July three-day event. Enjoy the Highland Dance competition and the other live entertainment throughout the weekend.
- Southampton Summer Music . During the last week of July, several concerts are performed in conjunction with the week-long summer music band camp. Performers are Summer Music instructors and students.
- The Annual Gathering of the Bands . In Kincardine, thousands follow the mass band of pipes and drums celebrating the sounds of Scottish music. The entertainment continues throughout the day and evening. Held in August.
- Kincardine Summer Music Festival . Over a two-week period in August, concerts are held almost every night in a variety of musical genres: jazz, piano, classical, and symphony (including students' performances).
- Canadian Big Band Celebration . This annual three-day music celebration held in September in Port Elgin features a jazz night on Friday night. Travel by shuttle from locale to locale to sample different styles of jazz. The rest of the weekend is devoted to the most cherished period of popular music, the big dance band sound.
- Penetangore Pipe Band . Penetangore is a competition level pipe band that was formed in Kincardine because of the availability of highly qualified instructors living in the immediate area and the unpredictable winter weather that can prevent musicians traveling to larger cities for practices with competition bands. Concerts are given periodically. See their web site for details.
Open Air Conerts
Warm summer evenings and music just naturally flow together. Bring a lawnchair or blanket for your listening comfort to one of the bandshell concerts held in the Lake Huron Shoreline communities during the summer months.
The Fairy Lake Bandshell is nestled in the heart of Southampton right next to pretty Fairy Lake at High and Victoria Streets. Concert time is 7:00 p.m. every Sunday night during July and August. Live entertainment features talented musicians from the area. Admission is by donation. For a list of entertainers contact the Southampton Visitor's Centre or the Town of Saugeen Shores . (Please note: there are no public washroom facilities at Fairy Lake).
Add a bathing suit and towel to bring for a swim before and after the concert at the Port Elgin Beach Bandshell. During July and August at 7:00 p.m., groove to the tunes of local area entertainers. Admission by donation. For the entertainment lineup, contact the Port Elgin Information Centre or the Town of Saugeen Shores .
Kincardine Summer Music Festival
FREE '4 O'clock in the Park' Concert Series
12 Concerts in Victoria Park (during the KSMF), Sunday to Friday (August 2-14). Enjoy local and regional talent - Celtic, Blues, Jazz, Singers/Songwriters and more. Come downtown and enjoy these free KSMF '4 O'clock in the Park' concerts, shop and dine and then head on over to the brilliant performances headlining the KSMF Evening Concert Series - starting at 7:30pm, August 7-14.
Music in the Park
Nothing could be finer than listening to the sweet sounds of music by the shores of Lake Huron. Dunsmoor Park is the site of live entertainment for the Wednesday night "Music in the Park". Showtime: 7:30 p.m. The Kincardine Info Centre has the musical details or visit
Warm up your vocal chords for the Sunday Night Sing-A-Longs at Dunsmoor Park, a Kincardine summer ritual for almost 40 years. Organized by the Kincardine Recreation Department, the melodious fun starts at 7:30 p.m.
March with the Kincardine Scottish Pipe Band in their weekly parade every Saturday night during the summer. Meet at Victoria Park at 8 p.m. before travelling to the Quinn Plaza and back to the park via Queen Street. A short concert in the park wraps up the evening.
The haunting tunes of the Phantom Piper , from his perch at the lighthouse, float across the Kincardine Harbour at dusk on clear summer evenings. In honour of a long-gone piper, Donald Sinclair, a lone piper pipes as the sun sinks down below the horizon every clear night but Saturday.